What warms the hands as well as the heart, especially on a blustery Autumn night? A nice cup of tea.
How can you make a new acquaintance feel special or comfort an old friend? With a nice cup of tea.
I love to drink tea. I like it strong and I like it hot!
Recently, I received a gift from a friend who knows about my love affair with tea. It is called an “Almigh’ Tea Bag” from Supreme Housewares. This cute little thing is made completely from silicone. It is shaped like a tea bag with tag intact! I’ve carried it to work with me and tried it out with several different cups and mugs.
The base of the bag comes off so you can stuff the insides with your own mix of herbs and spices. Some like it strong, some like it light. With the Almigh’ Tea Bag, you can make it just like you want it.
Here are some of the advantages that I found with this item as compared to the metal spoons or tea balls that you have in your utensil drawer at home.
- It is adorable.
- It is inexpensive.
- There is no metal to ruin your microwave.
- It travels well in your “go to work” mug.
- To clean out the tea leaves, simply turn it inside out. The leaves come out very easily.
- Small quantities as well as buying in bulk will save you money.
- No waste, even the used leaves can be added to the compost.
- Fresh tea leaves and herbs give more robust flavor.
- You aren’t stuck with a whole box of tea in a flavor that you didn’t like.
- It is easy to experiment with flavor combinations.
There are also other uses for this tool that are yet to be explored. I wonder how it will do for a small “bouquet garni” in a small beef stew? I also wonder how Coffee Beans will work, if they are course ground and stuffed inside with course ground hazelnuts? As you can tell, playing with this teabag may keep me occupied for some time. It is definitely an item that I will be adding to my stocking stuffer list for Christmas this year! The bag comes in four colors: yellow (shown), green, red, and ivory.
If you have any ideas about what can be stuffed into the “Almigh’ Tea Bag”, or have had any experience with it, I would love to hear from you. Please respond here or send an email to John at John@JohnMuellerBooks.com.