Are you a manager, researcher, or novice data scientist who works with data regularly, yet can’t really understand the technobabble found in security books that are supposed to help you secure the data you work with? Machine Learning Security Principles is all about providing you with full disclosure of all of the security threats that can affect your data in a detailed way that is also understandable. The idea is to understand the threats and understand the players in the security arena so you can create a strategy that will ensure your data remains safe without feeling completely lost in the language used by most books today.
Machine Learning Security Principles looks at data from every possible perspective, which means that you’ll learn more than just collection and storage methods. It isn’t just the hackers and disgruntled employees that are the problem. You now have to deal with governments that tell you how to collect data properly and face the wrath of the pubic at large when the data is collected in a less than ethical manner, even when no laws have been broken. In addition, it’s more than just the data, it’s also the system that holds the data, the application the uses the data, and the users who enter the data that can become problematic. With this in mind, here are some things that you’ll learn when reading this book:
- Learn methods to prevent illegal access to your system.
- Discover detection methods when access does occur.
- Employ machine learning techniques to determine motivations.
- Mitigate hacker access using a variety of methods.
- Repair damage to your data and applications.
- Use ethical data collection methods to reduce security risks.
A major complaint with most books on the market is that there is an expectation that you’re not only an expert coder, but that all you want is to see code. That’s fine if you’re already a seasoned security expert, but then seasoned security experts really don’t need books like this one. Machine Learning Security Principles provides you with several ways to learn about security issues:
- References to actual security break-ins and the results of them.
- Block diagrams showing how various kinds of security issues occur.
- Explanatory text that helps you understand what precisely can happen and how to prevent.
- Example code that you can use to discover how various security techniques work.
- Example data and the techniques you can use to work with it.
- Resources that you can use to augment your security plan.
- Online tools you can use to more fully explore security issues.
In short, Machine Learning Security Principles provides you with several methods of learning about security in an easy to use manner. It doesn’t take a one size fits all approach. Please let me know if you have any questions about my new book by contacting me at [email protected].